- Thu, 13:21: Morning walk to the ghetto--Venetian version is source of the term. Area was the foundry=geto before Jewish enclave.
- Thu, 20:27: Bought small sandwiches at stand around corner from hotel, then killed time until taxi arrived by wandering and shopping.
- Thu, 20:32: Taxi collected us & luggage fr hotel private dock on Grand Canal, delivered to train. Waited in chilly corner til track no. posted.
- Thu, 20:34: 2 hr trip to Florence on Frecciargente train, girls decided we should walk to hotel. Shock of rush hour traffic after no cars in Venice.
- Thu, 20:37: Made it to hotel despite my luggage wheel losing covering. Hotel is several steps down fr even Viterbo hotel. Cramped, noisy, & a warren.
- Thu, 20:38: Found nearby Centro grocery for Kleenex--I've come down w head cold.
- Thu, 20:47: Lovely dinner--lovely Tuscan food. Warm focaccia, then I had salad and sampler of 3 soups. Ribollita, Pappa al Pomodoro, bean/lentil.
Lots of activity at the feeders and in the yard, despite me only filling the feeders off-and-on. Yesterday a brown thrasher kept me company while I…
A rose-breasted grosbeak. Might be the first I've ever seen--I certainly had to dig in the bird book to decide what he was. My Atlanta bird list…
I bought a new bluebird house yesterday, paying an outrageous sum for the copper-roofed model with the predator block. I wanted the predator block,…