- Thu, 13:21: Morning walk to the ghetto--Venetian version is source of the term. Area was the foundry=geto before Jewish enclave.
- Thu, 20:27: Bought small sandwiches at stand around corner from hotel, then killed time until taxi arrived by wandering and shopping.
- Thu, 20:32: Taxi collected us & luggage fr hotel private dock on Grand Canal, delivered to train. Waited in chilly corner til track no. posted.
- Thu, 20:34: 2 hr trip to Florence on Frecciargente train, girls decided we should walk to hotel. Shock of rush hour traffic after no cars in Venice.
- Thu, 20:37: Made it to hotel despite my luggage wheel losing covering. Hotel is several steps down fr even Viterbo hotel. Cramped, noisy, & a warren.
- Thu, 20:38: Found nearby Centro grocery for Kleenex--I've come down w head cold.
- Thu, 20:47: Lovely dinner--lovely Tuscan food. Warm focaccia, then I had salad and sampler of 3 soups. Ribollita, Pappa al Pomodoro, bean/lentil.
I dabble in Freecycle when I have un-donatable items--I like the concept of keeping things out of the landfill, and it's sometimes amazing the items…
Sat, 10:00: RT @ stan_graves: @ drhicks76 @ xkcd @ Solatrus That is why I opted for Engineering. https://t.co/lOHmcaxkU7