- she warned him that she had barfed on her flight out
- he let her know he'd had gastric bypass surgery, and had lost 116 pounds (with 85 to go)
- she told him she'd had breast reduction surgery
- they'd exchanged information on hometowns, current residences, and number and ages of children
- he'd promised to clean up after her if she was airsick
A couple of minutes later, another traveller appeared and determined that the woman should actually have been seated next to me. I'm so glad they agreed to swap seats--I'd have hated to see this conversation broken up.
And my Bose noise-reduction headphones worked like a charm. <g> I listend to Paladin of Souls for most of the flight.