I spent about 3 hours this afternoon creating a bibliography. I last maintained my bibliography (and my resume) on the "CDP" system, which ran on our Prime minicomputers through the mid-90's or so. I could have sworn that I saved that file out when the CDP went away, but couldn't find any remnants. And as I haven't been thinking of transferring and wasn't publishing that much anyway, I just haven't kept a bibliography anywhere else.
John provided a list pulled from our current Reports Tracking System, but RTS was started in 1997 or so and wasn't up to date on my pubs for this year, anyway. I found an old Word file from about 1989 (old enough that my current version of Word disclaimed all knowledge of it), did a GEOREF search, and pasted all three together as a start.
It took lots of reformatting, and the results are a hodgepodge of styles. I also dropped my nice organization that had "real" publications first, then papers, abstracts, and lesser stuff in separate sections. Just so it will be in what I hope will be a longer-term format, I've also thrown it up on the Web. Not that impressive a list for 26 years or so, and extremely specialized (with a few exceptions), but that's what I have.
I was surprised to see how far the group that's scanning all the old USGS reports have gotten--I think all my USGS reports are now online except the Fact Sheet that was printed last month, and that I need to put up myself.
At the end of the day, it took 2 ibuprofens to rout my headache so I could go off to Jazzercise. I cut that a little short and came home and grilled a steak: red meat counts as comfort food in my book.