Tyson appeared sometime after 6 to check things out, and also to lay out the brick on my driveway for the guy with the pressure washer, who'll be by Sunday. Since I was here, he asked to borrow my garden sprayer and some bleach, and sprayed the bricks to try to get them started. It wasn't working as well as he hoped. <g> He does think that there are enough whole bricks to fill the space, though it still won't completely match the rest of the wall because they laid the wall with whole bricks ending on either side of the door. But at least it won't be bits and pieces.
Betsy called while I was getting my hair cut with the estimate on doing the bookcases in 4 sections instead of 3, which she said was not quite a third more than the original. My brain was off and I didn't try to calculate it, and just agreed to the change. Mistake: the increase is 42%, and I feel rooked. I'm thinking I'll write her an email, explain that neither of us did the calculation right, and that 42% seems a little much. However, I did agree and if she feels she has to hold me to that, I will live with it.
Tyson looked the whole job over, and says there's not much he can do except the door trim until the cabinets get here. So many of the walls have cabinets that it's not worth doing baseboards yet. So, we wait on the tile, and on the cabinets. Maybe some painting will happen in the meantime, after the sheetrock is completed.